Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finding balance


Today my friend Jake gave me one of the nicest parenting compliments today - he said "for the son of a lawyer and a lobbyist, Sam really has a Tom Sawyer-like life! Playing in the garden, eating dirt, and swinging from trees." What a wonderful thing to say, it totally made my day! I love this gorgeous spring weather and truly cherish my wonderful schedule. I am at work Wed-Frid and home with Sam Mon/Tues (and the weekend). I feel like I have the best of both worlds and really love taking Sam to playdates, Stroller Strides, walk in the neighborhood, play in the backyard with the dog (his best friend), go to the playground, push him in the swing under the tree, bang on pots and pans together, and just hang out. He has had a bit of a cold this week and has fallen asleep while cuddling with me several times in the past few days. There is truly nothing better than snuggling with your baby. I feel like I’ve found a fabulous balance in my life and feel very blessed!

No comments: