Monday, October 11, 2010

Cravings

I'm always fascinated by the cravings of pregnant women.  One friend ate cases and cases of pickled herring during hre pregnancy.  Another friend couldn't get enough watermelon.  When I was pregnant with Sam I practically became vegetarian.  I also discovered the amazing snack of tater tots dipped in chocolate sauce and began putting honey on burritos.  Even when I wasn't pregnant, I still think those are good culinary creations!

So far this pregnancy has been somewhat similar - I can barely tolerate red meat.  I don't mind it too much if it is disguised in something like a sandwich or spaghetti sauce.  Brad suggested making steaks for dinner the other night...soooo not happening. 

Last week at 11pm Wednesday night, I NEEDED mandarin oranges.  Like whoa.  There was no way I could go to sleep without mandarin oranges.  So off Brad went to CVS (the only place open nearby) to buy all of their mandarin oranges.  And ever since then I've been going through mandarin oranges like nobody's business.

I'm also really into pizza and find new and creative ways to make "healthy" pizza practically every day.  Today's creation was a whole wheat English muffin with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.  Yum!  What's not to love about about pizza?

Unfortunately the pregnancy heartburn has returned in full force and I have to be careful eating some of my favorite spicy dishes (Indian, Thai, etc).  I feel so bad for people who suffer from heartburn regularly.  Thankfully, I don't have heartburn except when I'm pregnant.  I'm trying to drink a lot of milk to increase my calcium intake, so that helps with the heartburn (chocolate pudding also helps too!). 

I'm trying hard to be healthy and eat lots of fruits and vegetables...on my pizza.  Just kidding, I'm being very balanced in my diet along with my many pizza creations!  That's all for now, more to come.

No comments: