Friday, October 08, 2010

Top 5 WORST Mommy Moments

Yesterday morning began with Brad leaving way too early for a breakfast meeting so I got Sam up, dressed, we had breakfast and were about to leave the house…and then as usual, he pooped right before we were about to walk out the door. So we went upstairs to his room to change his diaper. I don’t know what was different about yesterday morning, but I opened the diaper, and my pregnancy-heightened sense of smell just lost it. With one hand holding Sam on the changing table, I grabbed the trashcan next to me and began vomiting. Hearing my scary hurling sounds, Sam began to cry hysterically and wiggle around…still in the open, poopy diaper.

I began to think of my options (as I kept puking) – can I just close up the diaper and bring him to the babysitter and let her deal with it? No, I can’t do that. Desperate, I wondered if I could call a neighbor to come deal with this? No…that would be ridiculous. I can do this, I think. Cursing Brad’s early breakfast meeting and my utter misery, I just took a deep breath and dealt with the poopy diaper between hurling into the trash can. Holding Sam with one hand and the trash can with the other hand, I tried to calm my screaming toddler…Mommy’s ok (puke into trash can)…Mommy’s ok Sam (puke again).

After I finally got him cleaned up and the new diaper on, we both sat on the ground and had a good cry together for about 30 seconds. Then the dog walked in the room and he was instantly happy (the dog is our secret weapon for all times of tears!).

Needless to say, I was a little late to work yesterday and have told Brad that I’m taking a break from poopy diapers for the next few days. Oh the joys of being a Mommy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've decided to put a mask in Griffins room after a similar episode :)