Friday, October 29, 2010

My love & hate relationship with Potbelly's hot peppers

I love spicy food.  Spicy food + pregnancy related heartburn = bad bad bad idea.  I normally do not have heartburn, except when I'm pregnant.  It is not fun and I try to tone down some of my favorite dishes (Thai, Mexican, Indian, etc).

But, I have such a weakness for Potbelly's hot peppers.  Potbelly's is a chain of sandwich shops - like Subway, but so much better. The sandwiches are already pretty darn great....and then you add a TON of Potbelly's own hot peppers onto the sandwich.  OMG.  AH-MAZING.

When I was pregnant with Sam, I bought an entire jar of Potbelly's hot peppers to make sandwiches at home on the weekends.  The peppers are seriously craveable, even though I know they will wreak havoc on my heartburn.  Unfortunately there is a Potbelly's across the street from my office and my firm loves to order their sandwiches to serve at meetings...and a big bowl of the hot peppers comes along with the sandwiches.  How can I possibly resist the amazing peppers?  I just can't.  I have given up sushi, alchohol, caffeine, I only eat seafood 1x/week (as per my dr orders), smoked fish, soft cheeses, etc.  But giving up hot peppers? Hec no!  They're worth the miserable heartburn that I know will follow.  Hence, my love/hate relationship with these wonderfully dangerous peppers.

1 comment:

danny said...

i just bought the 1 gallon jar for my office. i get heartburn too but the answer to that is TUMS!