Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Snoogle Pillow

I am SO excited that the amazing Snoogle pregnancy pillow has once again re-joined our bed.  Brad is not such a fan, but then again, he isn't pregnant.  If you don't know what a snoogle pillow is, this is what it looks like:

It is terrific because it can provide support to your back and tummy, help align the spine, relieve pressure on ankles, can be used in many different positions and can later be helpful with breastfeeding.  A friend suggested it to me when I was pregnant with Sam and I fell in love immediately.  I love sleeping with a lot of pillows already (even when I'm not pregnant), it makes me feel like I'm building a nest in the bed. 

A few months after Sam was born, Brad made it clear that the Snoogle pillow had outlived its welcome and it was time to retire the pillow to the basement storage room...for now.  Perhaps I neglected to mention that the Snoogle pillow is HUGE.  Like enormous. We have a king-sized bed and the Snoogle pillow takes over about half of the bed.  You can only imagine Brad's enthusiasm when I requested that he bring it upstairs from the basement.  It's very unwieldy and quite heavy - therefore Brad's job to carry up 2 flights of stairs.

And then, I reminded him that the pillowcase needed to be washed.  This only added to Brad's joy about the Snoogle pillow.  Getting the pillowcase on and off the Snoogle pillow is ridiculously impossible.  The first time we tried to get the pillowcase on, it took both of us working together and we struggled for about 10 minutes. 

But, it is SO worth it.  I HIGHLY recommend the snoogle pillow to any pregnant lady..or really anyone who loves pillows!

No comments: